Navigating Distressed Assets in Commercial Real Estate
This course provides a comprehensive overview of distressed properties in the real estate market, focusing on commercial real estate assets. Participants will gain a deep understanding of the various types of distressed properties, how to identify them, conduct due diligence, and formulate investment strategies. Through real-world case studies and practical insights, students will learn how to navigate the challenges and opportunities presented by distressed real estate assets.
- Define Distressed Properties: Understand the concept of distressed properties in real estate and differentiate between types of distress, including financial, physical, operational, and market-related distress.
- Identify Distressed Properties: Develop the skills and techniques to identify distressed properties through market research, networking, and thorough due diligence.
- Conduct Due Diligence: Learn how to conduct comprehensive due diligence on distressed properties, including legal, financial, and environmental assessments, to evaluate investment risks and opportunities.
- Assess Investment Risks: Identify and assess the potential risks associated with distressed asset investments, including legal, financial, and market risks.
- Formulate Investment Strategies: Develop effective investment strategies for distressed properties, considering various financing options, acquisition methods, and risk mitigation techniques.
- Evaluate Financial Viability: Analyze the financial aspects of distressed properties, including cash flow projections, renovation costs, and exit strategies.
- Navigate Legal and Regulatory Considerations: Understand the legal and regulatory landscape of distressed property investments, including foreclosure laws, zoning regulations, and tenant rights.
- Apply Market Analysis: Utilize market analysis techniques to assess the market conditions and trends that affect distressed property investments.
- Implement Value-Adding Strategies: Explore strategies for adding value to distressed properties, including renovation, repositioning, and property management improvements.
- Create an Investment Plan: Develop a comprehensive investment plan that aligns with individual investment goals and risk tolerance.
Matthew Ody, GSI, CNE®; Real Estate Instructor/Tutor/Coach/Course Designer
Contact Instructor: [email protected]
Estimated time to complete course: 1 hour
Final Exam: The final exam is comprised of multiple choice questions and answers and provides correct/incorrect feedback. To advance to your completion certificate, all questions must be answered. Once you have successfully passed the course exam, you will be directed through the process to receive your certificate.
- Matthew Ody, GSI, CNE® Instructor at Connect Classroom