Opportunity Zones: CRE Investing and Environmental Site Assessments – OZ109CA-BR
In this introductory course to Opportunity Zones and Environmental Site Assessments, brokers and appraisers can learn more about opportunity zones investments. Throughout the course, explore the rules and regulations for Qualified Opportunity Funds (QOFs) and Opportunity Zones (QOZs). From your role as a broker or appraiser, you will hear from industry experts on what these investment opportunities are, how to invest, and when. Once you understand these concepts, you will be in a better position to assist your clients to make optimal real estate decisions. Additionally, this course covers the due diligence an investor ought to do before putting money into an opportunity zone. Specifically, a smart investor should have environmental site assessments performed. There are multiple types of environmental site assessments, so it is necessary for brokers and appraisers to understand what they are and when they should be performed. Through this course not only brush up on your knowledge of opportunity zones and environmental assessments but have the foreknowledge to effectively guide your clients.
- Daniel Ceniceros, Founder and CEO, Connect Commercial Real Estate
- Stephanie Trueb, ESA Technical Director – Real Estate Services, EBI
- Joseph Derhake, CEO and Founder, Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Holly Neber, CEO, AEI Consultants
- Elizabeth Krol, PG, National Client Manager, Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Jenny Redlin, REPA, Principal, Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Nicole TK Moore, REPA, Technical Director, Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Kristine Macwilliams, PE, Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Define opportunity zones and environmental site assessments
- Compare and contrast Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments
- Distinguish optimal moments to invest in opportunity zones and performing environmental site assessments
- Articulate the purpose and use of Opportunity Zone Funds
- Recognize the rules and regulations which dictate Opportunity Zone investments
CE Credit: 3 hours
Estimated number of hours to complete course: 3 hours
- Daniel CenicerosCEO at Connect Commercial Real Estate
- Stephanie TruebESA Technical Director at Real Estate Services at EBI
- Holly NeberCEO at AEI Consultants
- Elizabeth Krol, PGNational Client Manager at Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Jenny Redlin, REPAPrincipal at Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Nicole TK Moore, REPATechnical Director at Partner Engineering and Science, Inc
- Kristine Macwilliams, PETechnical Director at Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Joe DerhakeCEO at Partner Engineering and Science