Multifamily Rental Moratorium – MF309CA-BR
In September 2020, the Trump administration announced a halt on eviction proceedings targeting residential renters. This was in response to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) concern that homelessness from eviction could further spread of SARS-CoV-2, better known as COVID-19.
In the time since the moratorium went into effect, two questions arise. First, whether the moratorium actually served its purpose when it came to helping renters. And second, how this halt on evictions for non-payment impacted multifamily owners and operators.
The answers? “Kind of,” and “it’s a mixed bag.”
This course is an overview of the Multifamily Rental Moratorium. This course will provide insight into the halt on eviction proceedings targeting residential renters.
Daniel Ceniceros, Founder & CEO, Connect Media & Connect Commercial Real Estate News
- Douglas M. Bibby, President, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- Greg Brown, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs - National Apartment Association
- Jeff DeBoer, President & CEO, The Real Estate Roundtable
- Dean Hunter, CEO - Small Multifamily Owners Association, Broker Associate - KW Commercial Division of Keller Williams Realty of Manatee
- Peter McKenzie, CEO & Owner - Rincon Property Management
- Melissa Olivery, President, CLEAR Property Management (a privately held subsidiary of Casoro Group)
- Ray Perryman, President & CEO - The Perryman Group, Real Estate Economist
- KC Sanjay, Founder & President - KC CRE Advisors, Real Estate Economist
- David Schwartz, CEO & Chairman, Waterton
CE Credit: 3 hour
Written section length: 3 hours
Estimated time to complete course: 3 hours
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the history of the multifamily rental moratorium.
- Analyze how the rental moratorium and other renter alleviation plans created issues for multifamily real estate owners.
- Differentiate categories of moratorium regulations and emergency rental assistance of select states.
- Identify the impact of the multifamily rental moratorium on residents and multifamily property owners.
- Identify the issues of the Multifamily Rental Moratorium and better ways for its utilization.
- Recall how the pandemic exacerbated challenges for multifamily operators.
- Compare and contrast legislative acts and rescue plans.
- Explain survey results conducted under the National Apartment Association (NAA).
- Describe the Biden administration’s tax credit and political plans to address housing issues.
- Daniel CenicerosCEO at Connect Commercial Real Estate
- Doug BibbyPresident at National Multifamily Housing Council
- David SchwartzCEO, Co-Founder & Chairman at Waterton
- Greg BrownSenior Vice President of Government Affairs at National Apartment Association
- Jeff DeBoerPresident & CEO at The Real Estate Roundtable
- Dean HunterCEO – Small Multifamily Owners Association at Broker Associate – KW Commercial Division of Keller Williams Realty of Manatee
- Peter McKenzieCEO & Owner at Rincon Property Management
- Melissa OliveryPresident at CLEAR Property Management
- Ray PerrymanPresident & CEO at The Perryman Group, Real Estate Economist
- KC SanjayFounder & President at KC CRE Advisors, Real Estate Economist